Why do we do what we do?
Because we believe that museums, heritage sites, science centres, zoos, aquariums and national parks have the power to make the world a better place. They can:
- give us the thrill of discovering something new, or seeing “the real thing”
- promote wellbeing by bringing us closer to art and nature
- raise consciousness of the environment we depend upon
- encourage empathy by presenting the point of view of a different person or culture
- provide a context for memorable and meaningful experiences with our family and friends
The key to unlocking this potential is the visitor experience. And that’s where we come in.
Interactivate was founded by Regan Forrest, who has over 15 years’ experience in museum exhibition design, tourism industry analysis, interpretive planning and visitor experience research.
She has worked on a diverse range of exhibition projects across four continents and in 2015 was awarded a PhD in museum visitor experiences from the University of Queensland’s Business School. In April 2015, Regan was appointed Manager of Visitor Experience at the South Australian Museum. As this is a full-time role, she is no longer available for consultancy work.